- The CEO's job is to create value.
- Try to ride some powerful existing waves vs. just creating new waves.
- Technology companies are all about the product.
- Related to #3, the rapid iteration model (ship early, learn from usage, adjust) works well for consumer services but works not as well for B2B services.
- Hire people who are passionate about the specific problems you are trying to solve.
- You must get close to your users and customers and live their personas.
- The value of your company is directly related to your capital efficiency.
- In the early days, I highly recommend that you force your startup to be resource constrained.
- Don't listen to outsiders who tell you to go faster and ramp sales and marketing.
- Avoid field sales in favor of telesales.
- Once you are in the market and have established some measurable and repeatable levels of success, #11 negates #8 on this list.
- Have fun.
This entry was posted by and is filed under General.
Feedback awaiting moderation
This post has 541 feedbacks awaiting moderation...